Friday, July 22, 2011

Back on the Road: Tuesday, July 19, 2011


Today I loaded up the car and set out for the second part of this crazy cross-country trip.  I wasn’t sure exactly where I was going to end up tonight so I got a late start.  I was planning on going to my Uncle Steve’s but they are just too busy right.  I had tried to call Sarah's parents last night but found out they were out of town.  I was able to reach them today and they are back home. 

The drive was good.  This is not the first time I have made this trip so I was on auto-pilot for most of the drive.  I got in around 11 PM and Mrs. Lyons made me some food.  (I call Sarah’s father Ted because the very first time I met him I called him Mr. Lyons and he jokingly said that only the cops call him Mr. Lyons.  I said what should I call you?  He said Ted.  I still call Sarah’s mom Mrs. Lyons.)  We spent some time catching up and then called it a night. 

Mileage: Starting 79,964 & Ending 80,363=399
(I drove 100 miles during my stay in Dayton)
Stayed at Ted & Mrs. Lyon’s (Oscoda, Michigan)
States Visited: Ohio, Michigan

Ted and Mrs. Lyons:

No comments:

Post a Comment