Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Family I Haven't Seen in a Decade: Friday, July 22, 2011

I got up this morning and I noticed the house was down to a comfortable 83 degrees.  While that may sound sarcastic, it really felt much better than last night.  By the time I had the car packed up, though, it was starting to feel uncomfortably warm again.

I made it to Aunt Nancy's house before 2 PM.  We spent some time catching up and then Ed got back from doing some work.  It has been a decade since I have seen Ed.  Nancy knew that I have an interest in family history so we took a trip to some local cemeteries to gather notes.  Shortly after we got back from our field trip my Cousin Linda arrived at Nancy's.  It has also been a decade since I have seen her.  Nancy and I went for a quick swim to cool off (since she doesn't have A/C either) and then we had pizza for dinner.   Around 9:30 Ed called it a night because he had an early get-up on Saturday.  Nancy, Linda, and I stayed up late talking.  It was great to see everyone!

Mileage: Starting 81,072 & Ending 81,163=91 (estimate, will explain Sunday)
Stayed at Aunt Nancys (Adams, New York)
States Visited: New York

No comments:

Post a Comment